The perfect chocolate dessert
I love chocolate. I love chocolate cake, chocolate brownies, and chocolate tarts. So when I met Mirko, an exchange student from Italy who brought me ‘chocolate salami’ I knew it would be good. Now don’t be alarmed there is no meat in this dessert, it is named chocolate salami because of it’s appearance as it is shaped and packaged like salami. Chocolate salami is a traditional dessert from Italy. It is made with chocolate, biscuits, sugar, eggs, and butter. This dessert is an amazing snack, gift, and holiday dessert.
Mirko’s Chocolate Salami
When Mirko brought over his chocolate salami we were all in awe with how good it was. Everyone in the family was quickly addicted and begging for the recipe. But Mirko did us one better, he came over and made it with us showing each step. Which I did an impromptu video of along the way. So without further ado here is how to make chocolate salami with Mirko! (Recipe listed below)
Chocolate Salami Recipe:
200 grams/ 1 cup of chocolate
150 grams/ 2/3 cup of butter
150 grams/ 2/3 cup of sugar
175 grams/ 3/4 cup biscuits
- Melt the butter and cream together with sugar.
- Add eggs
- Fill pan with water and place a smaller pan with chocolate inside over the stove, stir with whisk.
- Break biscuits into small bite size pieces.
- Once chocolate is melted, add into sugar, butter, and egg mixture and stir well.
- Add in the broken biscuits.
- Fold the mixture out onto wax paper and form into the shape of salami.
- Fold and tie the ends of the wax paper and place in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Eat and enjoy! Keep in freezer to keep from melting.